Angels of Death Ending: What ACTUALLY Happened?

Angels of Death ending…do YOU know what actually happened to Zack and Rachel? We have 3 possible outcomes for these two and we still might not have all the answers. Let us go in-depth to discover which one is correct.

First Angels of Death Ending

This is based off this speculated ending: Rachel has been canonically diagnosed with mental delirium. In this ending, she has an episode of delirium and envisions Zack visiting her and finally killing her. But she’s actually plunging the knife into herself, committing suicide. She was so committed to dying Zack’s hand that her delirious brain conjured up the appropriate sounds and effects to sill the environment.

But, as I said, this is the most unlikely ending, because at the end of the game and anime, the window of Rachel’s room is shown. The glass is shattered, the iron bars are broken, and there’s blood on the windowsill. She couldn’t have jumped out the window, since the glass is INSIDE the room and she’s not strong enough to break iron bars.

Angels of Death STICKERS

Second Possible Angels of Death Ending

Next ending is the one I’m actually choosing to believe.

This ending is self-explanatory. Zack took Rachel away and then ran away together, supporting each other as the best friends they were meant to be. And more later on, but Rachel needs to grow up first. Don’t get wrong, I LOVE Zack and Ray together but she is still young. And both of them are just getting used to having a real friend. Their relationship can progress more once she grows up some.

Related: Angels of Death: Is Zack a Psychopath or a Sociopath? Inside the mind of a serial killer.

3rd Possible Ending

And now, the “most likely happened but this show made us cry way more than we anticipated so we refuse to accept that this was the end” ending. And that is, that both of them died at the end with Zack killing Rachel and then himself.

Let me explain.

In episode 4, Danny says Zack couldn’t survive a shot to the head. But what if he did, at least for a short time? In this ending, Zack is shot in the head and the chest, and the blood on his scythe and windowsill may prove this. In the original Japanese version, Zack spoke less and less during the conversation, only giving single-worded answers or short noises like “hmm” or “ah”. This could be from the blood loss and haziness of being close to death.

So, Zack survives his execution and goes to Rachel.

You know Zack pulls Rachel out the window at this point, since neither of them are in the room at the end scene. When this happens, and the camera pans up to the moon, you can hear a faint stabbing sound. This could be Zack stabbing Rachel and killing her as she asked of him.

Then when the police arrive, you hear a loud thud. A lot of us think that is them breaking into the room after it was barricaded. But what if it was the sound of Zack and Rachel’s bodies hitting the ground? In short, this ending is the theory that Zack was close to death after surviving the execution and going to see Rachel in his final moments alive. When they fall out the window, Zack stabs her and ends her life with his final breath. He dies shortly after and they in each other’s arms. You can see that Rachel hugs Zack if you pause at the right moment. It’s just as they hit the ground.

In a way, it’s kinda poetic. Using your last moments to fulfill the wishes of someone you care about, knowing you’ll die shortly after. And in their case, dying together instead of alone.

So there you have it. Three possible Angels of Death endings. Which one do you believe? I’m still believing in the second one since I’m a romantic sap that can’t stand the thought of losing both my precious children. Let me know in the comments below!

As always,

Keep Smiling!

ANGELS OF DEATH KEYCHAINS HERE

More Angels of death STICKERS AND POSTERS HERE

30 thoughts on “Angels of Death Ending: What ACTUALLY Happened?”

1. None of what you describe in the last episode even happens?? She jumps out of the window with him, we see the moon and then the ending credits play. After the credits, we see the broken window, a bloodstain on the sill and Zack’s (bloodless) knife.

2. Am i missing something? I never heard the sound of Zack’s scythe or the ” thud” sound, at the end it sowed them jumping out the window and Zack saying ” stop crying and smile” and then it faded to black, and the last scene was the broken window sill with the blood and the knife that was it.

3. Wait I’m confused? I also never heard the sound of Zack’s scythe or the “thud of them hitting the ground”
    Is there any talk on the sequel I could find nothing about them making any more episodes?

4. But I also have a question, I don’t know if Funimation maybe cut some of the ending but I watch it about 6 times and it doesn’t show their bodies falling to the ground or Rachel hugging Zack, it shows them as soon as he pulls her out of the window and he said stop crying and smile then it cuts to black… And after the credits it shows the blood and the knife on the floor but no police or loud this. So I don’t know if I’m missing it? Cuz the police show up earlier in the episode and Zack says he doesn’t have long before they come up and catch him so they have to hurry.. am I missing it?

5. I just finished watching the anime on Funimation and I think he escaped prison before the execution, and remember he said “you remember your end of the deal” so I think she has to help him escape the police before he will kill her, just like with the murder levels, and it can’t just be to get off the grounds safely it has to be when they are both safe and the police can’t find him. And by that time she won’t want to die but she’ll want to live with Zack and they’ll protect each other. That’s my hopeful ending

6. Gosh. The Anime made me a mess. I was ugly crying and hoping and dreaming that Zack will get a happy ending. He started out having a horrible childhood. Much like a classic horror serial killer. Such as Jason or Michael. They never got their happy ending because the bloodlust controlled them. I definitely want to see Zack try to control it. But we know our lovable monster.

• I’m hoping that maybe Zack WILL learn to control it and maybe go after murderers and people like that instead. Kinda like a Dexter esq vibe? But then he’ll grow up, even more, maybe have a family with Ray, and settle down more. Though I bet he would make a lot of money as a hitman.

7. I just had to leave a comment, I’ve watched the anime 3 times now, once dubbed and twice subbed. It’s so good, and I can’t bare crying at the ending every single time. I feel as if 3 is the most reasonable ending, but if it is, what will happen with the so call “sequel”, there’s been word of a season 2 for quite a while now. It’s supposedly being released on Amazon, but only in Japan, which is surprising, because a lot of the viewers are American, including me. If the ending was 2, that would of been amazing, I love the Ray X Zack ship, besides the fact that Rachel is 13 and Zack is 20, I still find the plot and gist very romantic, and if Rachel does grow up and they end up, being together, falling in love, that would be amazing for sure.

• I REALLY hope there is a season two!!! If it’s only in Japanese, I’ll have to learn Japanese so I can watch it. That would be epically awesome. I love Zack and Ray as well but right now Ray is definitely too young. I think though, with them both being broken, they’ll probably fall in love later on as they get older. Right now, they’ve bonded and will strengthen their friendship but hopefully, in time, it’ll become something more.

8. I personally think that 3 is the most possible, for it seems to be something Zack would do. As much as I would like 2 as well, I feel as though it would be feeding into the whole Zack x Rachel pairing. I have no problem with people who like that, but I personally feel that their relationship is more of a friendship that revolves around respect for one another. Zack, in a way, almost seems to take on the role of an older br, other as well, and when I think about it, I feel like that’s more of a relationship that they would have. Although both are respectable, I personally think that 3 might have been the true ending, besides the fact that I disagree a little with a few of the factors mentioned in it, for it would be a perfect way to end the show; Zack fulfilling Rachel’s long desired wish, and dying with her so he could be with her once again in the next life, along with escaping death by execution. Well, that’s it for my ramble.

• Rambles are the best!!! Lord knows how much I can about my fandoms and otp’s. I definitely agree with you that right now is more of a friendship thing with them. There’s been talk of a season two so I’m hoping that he doesn’t kill her and instead, they both find a reason to live and grow together, with maybe a romance later on down the line.

• Season two was episodes thirteen through sixteen. Those three episodes we’re the finale and how she died was the first option thing

9. I think 3 is the most possible one. But I WANT 2 to be the one. If we want it to be romantic doesn’t mean we should leave out the fact that there was blood on the window and the stabbing sound of Zack’s scythe. I don’t want them both to die, but they most probably did. We MUST accept it and move on, no matter how hard it is.

10. I bet it is two because there is talk of a sequel! Although the sequel may delve more into their pasts and coming together to reveal the end so three is still an option but who says it isn’t romantic? Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet is one of the most romantic stories of all time involving the suicide death of the two as one dies in the others arms together if they could never be so instead of living alone a life of misery without one another.

• I didn’t know there was talk of a sequel! That would be so cool. It’s based off the RPG game so I wonder how they’ll do that?
      I’m one of the few people that actually doesn’t like Romeo and Juliet. There were so many things that just got under my skin about it. But I also know it’s recognized as one of the classics.

• Is there a vetsion i didnt see? I never heard the knife sound of him stabbing her never heard the thud of them hittting the ground or saw them hitting it either. All there was, was just them jupping and then after credits a shot of the window sill with some blood on it with the knife on the ground (no blood on it so there goes the theory of her stabbing herself with it in a delusion). I watched it on hulu so do the dvds have more in it?

Tell Us what you think